Friday, December 14, 2012

Geome-TREE!!

We finally squeezed in a fun Christmas activity with math. To practice identifying 2D and 3D shapes and evaluating data, we completed Laura Davis' Mathtivity called Geome-TREE found on TpT. The students constructed a Christmas tree decorated with different ornaments with shapes and figures in them. We cut, colored, glittered and hung. They are too cute. The activity is geared towards primary students so I created our own data sheet more adaptable to 4th grade. Now they are hanging in our pod and I look forward to doing this activity with my students each year!
Oh, and if you're wondering why our trees are black....read my previous blog post! = )
P.S. 5 more school days until Christmas Break!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I am your newest follower and am also a 4th grade teacher! I am excited to check out your blog!
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll be checking your blog out too!

    ReplyDelete